Free Income Tax Clinic

Are you living on a low income and need help filing your income taxes?

The WoodGreen Income Tax Clinic is a Community Volunteer Income Tax Program that provides the following services:

• Preparation of simple income tax returns
• Preparation of up to 10 years of back taxes
• Preparation of T1 adjustments
• Understanding Notice of Assessment
• Responding to CRA Letters
• Interest Relief Applications
• Other tax related matters

Please note that we are unable to prepare returns for individuals who:

• Have passed away
• Filed for bankruptcy in the past year
• Have self-employment deductions to claim
• Have rental or business income to report
• Have capital gains or losses to report
• Have investment income of more than $1,000 per year

The clinic is located year-round at 815 Danforth, 3rd Floor. Other locations are available during the months of March and April.

Contact us at 416-645-6000 ext. 1187 or e-mail to book your tax appointment.

These are some of the income tax slips that you may need to bring to your tax appointment:

If you were employed, your employer will provide you with a T4 each year. It states how much you earned and how much tax was deducted
T4A(P) and T4A(OAS)
If you receive a pension from the Canadian government you will be sent one or both of these forms at the end of the year.
If you receive Ontario Works (OW), Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) or GAINS benefits you will be sent this form at the end of the year.
RC – 62
If you received the Universal Child Care Benefit (UCCB) before July 2016, you will be sent this form.

Information on other common income tax slips on CRA website

Other Important Documents:
Rent Receipts
If you are renter and you would like to claim your rent payments on your tax return, you must bring a receipt from your landlord for the amount of rent you paid during the year. WoodGreen Tax Preparers will not include your rent in your tax return unless you bring a receipt that states:

o Your name
o The landlord’s name and contact information
o The address of the place you are renting
o The number of months you have lived at this address
o The amount of rent you paid to the landlord during the year

If you attended a post-secondary college/university, your school will give you this form to show how much tuition you paid. Sometimes you need to request for this form from your school, or print it yourself from your school’s online student record system.

There may be other documents that you need to bring to your appointment.

For a complete list and guidance on how to obtain any missing paperwork, contact the Income Tax Clinic for personal assistance.

Contact us at 416-645-6000 ext. 1187 or e-mail for information or to book your tax appointment